Download and Installing Python:
- Navigate to https://www.python.org/downloads/.
- Check whether your system is of 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Download respective packages of your OS.
- I am explaining here for windows.
- Click on the downloaded file(.msi).
- Install it to C:\Python3.x. One can execute a Python program in IDLE(Interactive development environment) or in any other IDE(Eclipse, Pycharm). I prefer IDE so using eclipse. One needs to install PyDev in eclipse to run Python program. I am assuming eclipse is already installed.
To Install PyDev:
Select PyDev. Click “Next” and “OK” to continue installing PyDev.
Select “I accept the terms of the license agreement”, then click “Finish”. The installer will begin to download the plug-in.
A security warning may appear asking whether you trust the software being installed- click “ok”, then ensure the correct items are selected and click yes. The instillation process will continue.
When the installation is complete, you will be asked if you want to restart Eclipse. Select “Yes”.
Next step is to set Interpreter of Python:
Go to : Window>Preferences>PyDev>Interpreter-Python:
Click on New. Select the path of installation. For me it is C:\Python\Python35\pythonw.exe
Click next. Selection needed screen will appear. Click on Next and Proceed for installation.
Interpreter settings are completed. Next is to start with Python project.
Select PyDev Project.
Choose Grammar version as 3 in following screen.
You can check Use default if you want to go with default workspace settings.
Give a name to your project and finish the creation.
This is how your project looks.
Next is to Create a new python script under src.
Right click on src>New>PyDevModule>helloworld.pyEnter http://pydev.org/updates in work with text box.
Hurrah!! We have completed the setup of an IDE for Python programming.